Help and advice

Talking helps!

Have you had an unpleasant experience? Is it troubling you? Talking helps! Find someone you trust: your mother, your best friend, your sister or brother, your father, someone at school, a confidant, a health professional at Public Health or the Domestic Violence Coordinator. Tell them what happened. It will be a relief. Often, you’ll hear that you’re not the only one who has had an experience like that, and that it’s not your fault. Ask the people around you for support so you can feel better and stronger again.

Sexually abused, assaulted or raped?

A lot of people who have experienced sexual violence feel dirty, scared, angry and awful. Don’t just carry it around with you. There are counsellors who can help you to feel better. This is where you can go for help:

  • Go to your own doctor. He or she can refer you to a psychologist or psychotherapist for further help.
  • Contact the police on +599 416 3737 to file a police report
  • If you are under 18 years of age, call the children’s helpline, Guana Chat on 918. You remain anonymous during the call.
  • Call the domestic violence coordinator on +599 416 7266.

Overstepped a boundary yourself?

Have you overstepped a boundary yourself? Are you looking for help? Are you shocked at your own behavior, and you want to make sure it doesn’t get out of hand? There are people who can help you. Contact the police or the Domestic Violence Coordinator at Community Development.