What are condoms?
What is a condom?
A condom is a stretchy sheath (cover) that fits over an erect penis. It is usually made of thin rubber. Condoms catch the semen to protect against pregnancy and STIs. A condom is the only contraceptive that protects against both.
Video: Choosing & buying
Where can you find condoms?
On Saba you can find condoms many places:
- Saba Wellness Pharmacy
- Saba Cares
- Body Mind & Spirit
- Public Health Department
- Cove Bay
- Fort Bay
- A condom is the only contraceptive that protects you against STIs.
- You don’t have to go and see a doctor first.
- It’s not something you have to think about unless you’re going to have sex. (But do make sure you’ve always got some in case you need them!)
- You can buy them on Saba and also get them for free at multiple locations.
- A condom can stop you having an orgasm too quickly.
- No semen gets into the vagina or anus.
- If you don’t use a condom properly, there is a risk of tearing, leaking or slipping off. That makes condoms less reliable than other contraception.
- Some people don’t like having to stop during sex to put it on or take it off.
- You have to use one every time you have sex.
- Some men say they don’t feel as much.